SC Clearance Needed
As a DevOps Engineer, you will help lead the development and development of secure cloud environments hosting data and batch/real-time analytical platforms for public and private sector clients, leveraging the latest commercial and open-source technologies and techniques.
This also involves building automated deployments using configuration management technology, deploying new modules, upgrades and fixes to test and production environments.
As a DevOps Engineer, the role will involve:
* Build, test and deploy cloud-based infrastructure and applications using CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code
* Contribute to the coding of custom test automation frameworks
* Performs script maintenance and updates due to changes in requirements or implementations
* Assists with setup/maintenance of environments for both manual and automated testing
* Assist in production support through the investigation and resolution of incidents
* Performs ongoing routine application maintenance tasks
* Assist in conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications
* Participates in the contingency planning, including reliable backup and restore procedures
* Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results
As a DevOps Engineer, you will have:
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science or a related field. An equivalent of at least 3 plus years' of working experience in a DevOps capacity is also acceptable for this position.
You will have demonstrated the following competencies to the proficiency level appropriate to the seniority of the role:
* Commercial Experience in deploying and operating infrastructure (network, servers, services) and applications on AWS and other cloud environments
* Developing and operating using open source and commercial software within a cloud-centric environment
* Server build and administration, Linux and Windows
* GitHub/GitLab for source control and performing code reviews as part of the build and deployment cycle
* CI/CD and Infrastructure-as-Code technologies, e.g. Terraform and Ansible
* Test Driven Development with appropriate tools and frameworks
* Experience of cloud orchestration and containerisation technologies, such as Docker
* Knowledge of large-scale databases and distributed technologies, such as Kafka